The electrical installation and repair industry in New Zealand has undergone a complete transformation. Many homeowners want to upgrade to new electrical systems for their homes. Modern electrical systems will help them save money on their power bills and guarantee extra safety from potential dangers (especially in older villas in Auckland).
These new, more sophisticated electrical appliances require licensed contractors to install them to ensure safety standards.
Let’s say you’re planning on installing a new smart appliance. Your first step is to talk with a qualified electrician before doing any work so that they can give you an outline of the job and a quote.
Here are some tips that will help you hire the right qualified electrician for your residential electrical needs:
1. Get three quotes from electricians in your area. Make sure SafeNSound are one of them. Choosing the cheapest electrician from your list of three is not always advisable. Do more research. The last thing you want is to call back an electrician who has installed faulty wiring in your home and get them to redo the job.
2. Ask for references and read online reviews before hiring an electrician. Don’t be afraid to call previous clients if you can get their contact details from the provider. Make sure that online reviews are from real people that had real work done.
3. Check the company’s licensing and insurance coverage. Always ask to see their practising license and check the expiry date. It is proof that the worker is qualified to do electrical work safely.
4. Make sure they have the right qualifications to do the job you need. You should know what you are looking for in an electrician. If they are not qualified, they probably won’t do a good job.
5. Ask if they offer a warranty or Certificate of Compliance of their work. A CoC guarantees that a licensed electrician has completed the job and meets safety standards set by law and tested.
Buyers in Auckland and Mangawhai are anxious to find a reputable, honest electrician to work in their new property. They worry they might not find a professional and qualified electrician. If they see one, they worry about the high price. Hourly fees could be unpredictable, with no quality craft guarantee.
As a homeowner, builder or property manager, you probably know how important it is to get your electrical systems checked by qualified professionals.
Are you looking for qualified residential electricians in Auckland & Mangawhai?
Then get in touch with our friendly team for a free consultation and quotation. You can email us on the form below or call 0800 111 234.